Estimated Availability: March 15, 2024
The renowned T-20 Skid-Steer Transmission was originally designed by Borg-Warner specifically for six-wheeled ATVs and used in all MAX vehicles from the start of production in 1970, among other historical brands such as Attex, Hustler, Swamp Fox, Camel, Chaparral, and many others. The importance of full-time, non-differential, six-wheel drive cannot be overstated. The dual planetary T-20 design allows independent control of power and braking to both the port and starboard sets of tires, enabling true all-wheel drive with efficient transfer of power and low braking losses.
The all new T-20 Transmission offered by Recreatives includes internal gears all machined from billet compared to machined castings, and these parts are manufactured using a stronger grade of steel.
Recreatives Industries also offers Factory T20 Repair Services, complete rebuilding services, and OEM T-20 Parts and Rebuild Kits at the lowest prices factory direct. Please call Recreatives Industries at 1-800-255-2511 for more information.
Key T-20 Benefits Include:
• Full-time drive to all wheels regardless of the available amount of traction on each wheel – all wheels drive whether any or all of them are on mud, snow, or ice. With MAX, even if only one tire is getting traction, all power flows to that tire to keep you moving.
• No uncontrolled transfer of power from the right to left-hand wheels resulting in “self-steering” of the vehicle, a common trait suffered by differential-based steering units.
• No torque loss when steering – differential steering results in a considerable 50% torque loss when steering, requiring a low gear range to compensate for this big shortcoming.
• Low shock loading of the drive train – unlike differential steering which doubles the speed to the drive train whenever steering is occurring, which has the added adverse effect of abrupt, jerky steering. The T-20 transmission in a MAX transfers power smoothly and efficiently, with longer drivetrain life as a result.
• The ability to steer in any desired radius, whether at slow or fast speeds. The T-20 has forward-neutral-braking positions in the motion of each steering lever, allowing you to follow any radius turn you like, at any speed, without having to shift from high-to-low range as in differential-based amphibious vehicles.
Available on backorder
Free for Orders over $200
90 Day Factory Warranty
Toll Free (800) 255-2511